The Watermill Theatre In Schools
'Thank you so much for coming to our school, you made me happy.’ Jack, aged 8
‘Long may The Watermill continue this exciting outreach work, reaching new young audiences.’ Newbury Weekly News
As part of The Watermill’s Outreach programme, we regularly visit local schools and welcome students to the theatre to deliver a host of exciting projects, inspiring workshops, and impactful one-off sessions. As well as supporting the delivery of the curriculum, these opportunities support young people in the development of essential life skills including teamwork, confidence and communication skills.
We are always eager to hear from schools who would like to work with us so please do get in touch to find out more.
A few examples opportunities we can offer schools for young people aged 5 – 19 years:
- Workshops to support your visit to the theatre
- Communication and life skills sessions
- Education Packs available free from our website
- Digital insight sessions with leading industry creatives
- Backstage tours of The Watermill
- Specialist educational session to support the delivery of the curriculum
- Theatre skills sessions such as stage combat, improvisation or devising theatre
To download our Education Brochure, click here.
For more information or an informal chat, please call Heidi Bird on 01635 570934 or email email@example.com The Sackler Trust, Principal Supporter of our core Education and Outreach work.